Friday, October 30, 2009

Our pet cat Puschka has gone to Pet Heaven.

No photo's today. Yesterday was one of those days when it starts off with everything going smoothly but doesn't end that way. I couldn't do anything wrong at cards and won both in the morning and in the afternoon. It was a lovely day, not too hot, a nice spring day. That all changed when I got home. The GD was working in the garden, the dog came to greet me and tell me it was his meal time but then I went looking for Puschka our 16 year old cat who hasn't been real well. I found him in one of his favourite areas and he looked like he was sunning himself but sorrowfully he was dead. When I went to touch his fur was sort of tacky - strange I thought with tears in my eyes. I went down to the garden to tell the other half that what we expected could happen, had come to pass. After he'd taken him down to the vege garden to prepare his last resting place I went back to the place I had found him. I heard a whimper nearby and discovered that the neighbours Fox Terrier dog was cowering in a corner and his mate from next door had his nose under the fence where the Foxie had dug his way into our yard. I think he knew he had done something terribly wrong. It became pretty obvious what had happened to poor puss. He would not have had the strength to defend himself. I went back down the garden to have another look at Puschka and yes there was blood on the other side of him and the tacky fur was because he'd been in the dogs mouth. Puschka was old and not too much time left for him anyway but he didn't deserve to die like that. Well I've got that off my chest but there's still a few tears left. He had been part of our family for a long time. The GD informed the neighbour but apart from her saying she was sorry her other half hasn't shown his face with the same commiserations. I don't know why some people have pets when they are never home through the day and sometimes late at night. The pets get up to mischief and they don't get the attention they deserve. We wont be replacing Puschka - we are getting old and it's too heartbreaking when a pet goes to pet heaven. Now it's just the GD Couch the dog and me. Today is another day.

3 comments:

Donna said...

So sorry to hear of Puschka's passing. I know how hard it is to lose a pet as we lost our companion Unbrella Cockatoo almost a year ago, and we still miss her, and like you we don't want another pet as it is just too hard to lose them. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. Donna M.

Donna B. said...

I am so saddened to hear the fate of your dear Puschka. Cats hold a very special and unique chunk of my heart. Always been a cat person, always will. I grieve with you. Here's a hug...

Marcella said...

Thanks for your sympathy.